3 luxurious salad recipes that will refresh your dinner table
Fresh, crunchy and full of flavor – this salad Recipes By Angela Casely They’ll be the unlikely heroes of a busy summer feast.
A big helping of salad is much needed at a barbecue to create a contrast to all those charred and smoky flavors. These three recipes in turn
Tomato, fennel and tuna salad
Fresh is best when it comes to tuna. If you’ve been out fishing and have some fresh kingfish or snapper, cook the fillets and use them in place of tuna. It’s all about using what’s available.
¼ red onion, cut into thin slices
A quarter cup of chopped fennel leaves
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Rub the fillet with oil. Sear on both sides for 2 minutes. Remove and cool. Thin slice.
- Cut the tomatoes into different shapes (cut some into quarters, some into quarters) and place them on a plate. Sprinkle with the fennel, red onion and fronds and place over the tuna.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar, season and serve with crispy toast.
Marinated corn, zucchini and chicken salad
Fresh corn is in plentiful supply right now but will be gone soon, so make the most of it. To prepare this delicious chicken salad, boil the cobs, then remove the cobs with a small sharp knife, and cut them straight down. You can also add corn to a good salad, vegetarian lasagna, or to a sauce.
2 zucchini, cut into thin slices
2 teaspoons masala spices
2 cups boiled and chopped chicken
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the corn for 4 minutes. Remove and cool enough to handle. Cut the core.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Cook onions, garlic and zucchini until tender. Add the corn kernels and masala spices, and stir until completely coated, about 2 minutes. We take it out and put it in a serving dish.
- Add avocado, lemon juice and chicken. Sprinkle over the coriander. Serve at room temperature with soft tortillas or bread.
Lentil salad with prosciutto and peaches
Making your own aioli at home is always best, but purchasing a high-quality alternative is also a good option. Just add a little zest and the juice of half a lemon. A sprinkling of baby greens or shredded basil is very welcome, to complement the stone fruit.
8 peaches, pitted, cut into slices
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook lentils according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- On a plate or in a bowl, place the lentils, French fries, peaches and herbs. Drizzle with aioli and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over the fine herbs and add lemon juice before serving.
More great recipes
Including our most popular recipes of all time.
Unlock this article and all of our Viva Premium content by subscribing to
(tags for translation)sumptuous