Bevaroni recipe | Critic’s recipe
Craving cheesy, saucy comfort food that’s perfect for a weekend meal? This delicious bevaroni is the way to go. Each spaghetti noodles locks in the cheese, meat and garlic sauce inside, so every bite has incredible flavour. Easy to prepare and eater-approved, it’s one dinner you don’t want to miss.
You’re going to love this bevaroni so much, I’ll give you some ideas on what to try next like a cheeseburger, spaghetti taco, and American goulash! They’re all meaty, cheesy, and super delicious pasta dishes!
30 minutes bevaroni
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love, this is it. Bevaroni checks all the boxes. Easy, cheesy, meaty, and ready in 30 minutes. What could be better?
This bevaroni recipe is definitely eater approved, my youngest thought it was the most amazing dinner ever and was licking her plate clean. Trust me, once you taste you will understand! This recipe is so simple and delicious, it’s sure to stay on your dinner menu for a long time!
List of ingredients
That’s all you’ll need to make some homemade bevaroni. The good news is that it’s all very simple and also easy to customize with your favorite sauces, mix-ins, you name it! Check the recipe card at the end of the post for measurements.
- Elbow noodles: These classic pasta tubes hold sauce beautifully and bake cheesy to perfection.
- Lean ground beef: Choose 85/15 or smaller to reduce grease and keep your dish lighter. Brown them well for rich flavour.
- Yellow onion: It adds sweetness and depth to the sauce. Finely chop them to get flavor in every bite.
- garlic: Because you can never go wrong with garlic! Fresh is best, but jarred will also work. Garlic adds the perfect savory flavor to bevaroni.
- red pepper: Nice and smoky, the paprika gives the bevaroni sauce a touch of warm spice.
- marjoram: Earthy and flavorful oregano adds a touch of Italian flair to the sauce.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust according to your preferences!
- Canned tomato sauce: Choose a good quality sauce for the best flavor base.
- -Grated sharp cheddar cheese: It melts beautifully and also adds a creamy, delicious flavor to the sauce. Do not be a miser!
How to make bevarone
It only takes 30 minutes, and it’s the perfect dinner option for busy weekends! Bevaroni is very easy to make and is always a hit. I love it as much as my kids do!
- Cook pasta: Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain it and leave it aside.
- Cook beef and onions: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions together until the beef is completely cooked and the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and spices: Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Season with paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Then stir to mix.
- Collecting: Add the tomato sauce to the pan and fry everything together for 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta and mix the ingredients well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Enjoy: Remove from heat and serve with a generous amount of grated cheddar cheese.
Tips and variations
Some ways to customize your bevaroni and prepare it using ingredients you already have on hand:
- Swap pasta: You don’t necessarily have to use elbow noodles for this recipe, shells or lace work great too!
- Add vegetables: Feel free to personalize your bevarone with additional vegetables such as chopped bell peppers, zucchini, or carrots. Give them a quick sauté with garlic and onions.
- Make it creamier: Add a dollop of sour cream for some refreshing goodness!
Storing leftover bevarone
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or on top of the stove over medium heat to keep hot when you want an easy and delicious meal! Leftover Bevaroni is perfect for a quick lunch.
Install this now to find it later
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef and onions together until the beef is completely browned and the onions are translucent.
Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Season with paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
Add tomato sauce to the pan and fry everything together for 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta and mix the ingredients well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
Remove from heat and serve with a generous amount of grated cheddar cheese.
Calories: 217CaloriesCarbohydrates: 29gprotein: 17gfat: 4gSaturated fat: 1gUnsaturated fats: 0.5gMonounsaturated fats: 1gUnsaturated fats: 0.2gCholesterol: 35mgsodium: 818mgPotassium: 605mgFiber: 3gsugar: 5gVitamin A: 697international unitVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 37mgiron: 3mg
Nutritional information is calculated automatically, so should only be used as an estimate.