Coco B’s, Carbonara and Towle are looking to open their doors in the coming months
As we move into brown slipper season, some of Arlington’s much-anticipated restaurants and bars are set to open in the coming months.
Below is a list of the latest updates, compiled by ARLnow.
- Coco B’s ‘Tropical glam’ bar in Clarendon hopes to start serving drinks using mini umbrellas in MayCo-owner Mike Bramson told ARLnow. It was about a year ago when the owners of Lot and Pamplona announced that they would be opening a rooftop bar above another of their projects, B Live. The two bars filled a space formerly occupied by the legendary Whitlow’s, which moved to the area. Coco B’s was supposed to open last fall, but construction and winter work delayed it until the spring of 2023.
- Shirlington’s Astro Beer Hall and its donut robot are also looking to get going in May, the owners told ARLnow in February. The beer hall has been operating since at least December 2021 and is moving into the space previously occupied by Capital City Brewing Co.
- Wagamama in Clarendon is looking at the possibilities Late spring Submission date. The British chain focusing on Japanese cuisine is taking over the former House of Oz.
- Carbonara: Old School Italian & Wine Bar by local chef Mike Cordero, expect to get cooking Later this summer. It is located at 3865 Wilson Blvd, near the Ballston/Virginia Square border. The slate, as first announced in August 2022, is expected to include a real-life tour of Italy, and its expected late-summer opening date remains largely in line with what was first announced last summer.
- Westover Taco aims to fill Forest Inn by offering tacos Late summerCo-owner Scott Parker said earlier this week. A margarita and taco spot is taking over what was once one of Arlington’s last dive bars.
- Kebab-centric Tawle now aims to He falls Opening in Clarendon. The buzzy eatery from the owners of two of D.C.’s hottest restaurants first announced in May 2022 that it was building a new home at the former address of beloved live music venue IOTA Club. The plan was initially to open Tawle this spring, but the opening was pushed back to the fall, a spokesperson for the restaurant told ARLnow.
(tags for translation) Ballston